October 21, 2010

welcome to the world baby girl

Baby Chloe is finally here! She took her sweet time coming, but was well worth the wait. But nobody wants us to ramble on about how healthy or beautiful she is, you want pictures, so here they are!

Daddy got to cut the cord. Not while it was still connecting baby to mommy, unfortunately, but the symbolic gesture was still appreciated. And look at how far the nurses are pulling out her belly button!



Fresh out of the packaging.


Amy gets her first view of the precious cargo she's been hauling around for the past ten and a half months.


Chloe, meet your mommy.


We call this one "Chloe of Arabia".


It occurred to us in the hospital that whoever invented that footprint pattern on this fabric must have made billions from the royalties, because there are thousands of blankets made out of it in just about every maternity ward in the U.S. and Canada. And here's our sleepy little baby wrapped in one.


Ender was excited to meet his baby sister. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Toy Story Jessie doll that she brought him as a peace offering.



"Ender say thank you baby Chloe"


Precious moments.



"That baby so soft... look at that baby eye"


We're hoping that this is her just way of saying "Wooohoo!" and not some sort of instinctive knowledge of the Jersey Shore fist pump.


We've done our best to temper all the cotton candy pink that makes up about 85% of all baby girl clothes with as many other colors as we can. Here she is in pink with brown, a combination that always reminds us of cupcakes.


Who in the world doesn't love to see baby feets?


Mommy is proud of her workmanship, as well she should be.


The proud parents headed home from the hospital with our new bundle of love.

4 comments:

Grandma Cheryl said...

ginomCutest entry yet. I can't tell you how many times I have looked at this and viewed the videos. Can't wait to get them in my arms at Christmas. Miss you guys!

Jess said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Nick Wightman said...

congratulations! we miss you all!
love, bree and nick

Lulu said...

Oh you guys! She's gorgeous! I can't believe it's taken me this long to see this post. Amy, you look great! I hope you're feeling better after delivery. Brian, congrats on the chord cutting. Ender...what can I say, he's such a heart-throb, he looks so cute w/ Chloe. I'll call you Amy, hopefully today, to catch up!